Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Overview of 2010

I am a few days late on this, but I wanted to recap the year!

January:

I am contacted by the company I previously worked for and asked to return. I accept and plan to start work the first of Feb.

My grandma turns 90!!


February:


I come home from my first full day of work to a message on my answering machine that touched off our decision to move.

We find a place, and manage to move, store or get rid of 5.5 years worth of stuff in 3 weeks!




March:

My baby turns 10!

Warning!! Shit storm commences!


Kid two is hospitalized for 3 days, setting the new family record.





April:

Our 2nd year of college comes to a close and we scurry to get everything finished.


Things quiet down on the extended family front.


May:


We spend our days exploring the new town and gearing up for summer.




I give my notice for my job. Since we moved, I no longer have a backup plan for childcare, and daycare is expensive!



June:


Kids first vacation away! They ride down to Arkansas with their grandpa and spend two weeks having fun in the south.






We are served with a lawsuit! Let the fun begin!


We go on vacation and spend a week camping and hiking before grabbing the kids and heading back home.




July:


We spend several weekends camping with friends.



We find out kid two has mild/moderate hearing loss.



August:


Our lawyer gets us set up with future court dates. No chance of settlement.


I have to buy whole new wardrobes for growing kids. They just keep growing!






September:


The kids start school, both in middle school this year. No more elementary :(


Kid one turns 12!


I turn 30!

Swim season starts.



October:


Deposition time. Hours of my life I will never get back :(


Kid one gets her braces. She looks so grown up!



Junior year of college, semester one, complete.



November:


The year is almost over! Here we insert swim meets nearly every weekend, orchestra concerts, and other various busy school activities.






December:


Happy holidays. First year that neither kid believes in Santa, but had a great time in spite of it.




Kid two goes through all the xrays and whatnot needed to start her orthodontia treatment. Yeah. Two in braces. This will only hurt a little...


I know there is things that I am missing throughout the year, but it will be nice to come back to it later to be reminded of everything. I would like to start doing this every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment