Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Will you need a blue sky holiday?

I do. Sigh.

Today was supposed to be the day of younger kid's first swim meet of the season. Supposed to be. We had her best friend over to spend the night so she could go with us. We woke up, grudgingly at 4:45 this morning so that we could be on the road by 5:45. We made it not quite halfway when the little transmission issue we were slightly worried about started turning into a much bigger issue. We discussed it and made the decision to turn around. The swim meet was in Royal Oak which means driving through Detroit. I am not dying to break down in Detroit, especially with three kids with us.

We made it home. Obviously. Thing two was disappointed but has been spending time with her friend. I am disappointed too. Her coach said she has the potential to make it to state this year, and she has matured so much since last season that I really can't wait to see her.

As for the car, I guess we picked wrong. Should have taken the truck. The car is quieter, gets better gas mileage and is more comfortable for longer trips which is why we went with it. Oh well. Back down to one vehicle until we can get it fixed. Joy. We have only had this car for a little over 4 months. It is the replacement for the Malibu I loved that I had the misfortune of blowing the engine of. Hydrolock or some other mechanic head vocabulary nonsense. I guess you take the risk when you buy used.

To make things more fun, mother nature was shaking her dandruff on us last night. I refuse to use the S word, even if it is November. Still too warm to stick but I guess it is time to get out the winter coats.

This weekend had better be awesome from this point forward. We could use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment