Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Destination: Upper Peninsula

That is my hope anyway. Specifically the Hiawatha National Forest up near Sault Ste. Marie. $13 a night camping, right on Lake Superior and close enough to the Locks to take the girls. They have been to the little locks on the Erie Canal. I think the bigger Soo Locks will be cool to see. There is a really cool light house tour that goes through the locks and takes you to all the light houses but at $49/ticket I think we might skip that and maybe do the much cheaper two hour ride just through the locks. Then of course there is the hiking and fishing and swimming that I can't wait for. I am also hoping to get a peek at some Northern Lights. I haven't seen them since I was a little kid.

Of course we have to pay for a second set of braces, court fees and a settlement this summer so we will see where we stand. Sigh.

For now I am excited for a short work week. Tomorrow is my equivalent of Friday and since we have an Easter party planned for the kids I am really hoping that it passes quickly. After that it is getting some school work done, spending time with friends (GIRLS NIGHT IN FRIDAY!! WOOHOO) and more school. I have to put together the class portfolios while I am at it too. Preschool graduation is in June and most of my kids will be going to K next year so I really need to get it set up.

The good news is we might see the sun this weekend! I am so done with the April showers business. It is getting really old to be stuck inside all day. It is also supposed to be something like 60 degrees so I say bring on the BBQ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment