Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

My apologies

I let my anger and frustration of the whole last year get the better of me in my last post. I am much more zen today. I won't delete it but I will admit the whole thing was unnecessary and a bit petty. I should be a bigger person than that.

I am looking forward to the upcoming months being much less stressful. I am back to work, with preschoolers this time which has been a blast. I won't even get into how much I do not miss changing diapers and wiping snotty noses. The kids are all super sweet - very energetic - but a lot of fun. It's nice to lead group and have them actually get into it with me, singing and checking the weather. We planted radish seeds last week and most of them have sprouted. The few that didn't I stuck another seed in because when they go home at the end of next week I want all the kids to have a sprout. Radishes are kind of a goofy thing to plant but I love them because they germinate really quickly and this age group needs as close to instant gratification as I can get.

The weather has been absolutely lovely. It is super windy today but it is still well above freezing which most definitely works for me. I am done with winter. It has been a long one.

I am trying to plan our vacation now. It always involves camping because it's cheap and it's a blast. We will definitely be doing some hiking again but I think this year we are going to stick a bit closer to home. Gas prices are ridiculous! Since I am only working until student teaching in the fall I am thinking it will be late August before we go. There is another big reason to stay in the land of more reasonable temperatures. Last year southern IL was 106 heat index. That does not make for awesome hiking and tenting weather. Thank goodness for the solar shower (if you tent camp, spend the $8. Worth every penny) and we planned every hike for early morning and evening to beat the heat, and that was in June before summer even officially started. This time the kids are coming with us. I know they had a blast with my dad and want to go back but I missed the little punks. The puppy dog needs to come this time too.

Content exam tomorrow. Wish me luck. I have to pass this (it's the equivalent of the PRAXIS II) in order to do my student teaching in the fall so I admit I am a bit nervous. Love the fact that once this is over I have nothing to really stress over for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment