Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Girls night in, cards with friends, and maybe even a little bit of sunshine

This weekend is both busy and looking to be awesome.

I spent last night hanging out with friends of mine I used to work with, drinking wine, eating cucumber sandwiches and brownies, and catching up. We try to get together once a month, but we are way behind. I think the last time we all managed to get together was December when I hosted. Last night two were missing, having other plans, but I am still glad that the rest of us got together.

Tonight we are going to play cards with friends, which is always fun. You really can't beat cards and drinks with people who are funny ;)

Today is looking like it is going to be extremely pretty so I am thinking BBQ if nothing else. We need some solid time outside. I know April showers bring May flowers blah blah blah blah but I am so so so sick of rain. Bring out the sun!!

Next weekend is looking to be exciting for the husband. He is taking a motorcycle safety course so he can actually ride his new (to him) bike. After a lot of thought and working out the numbers we decided to sell my car. The insurance was killing us. It didn't occur to me that a Monte Carlo would be considered a sports car. Gas is already up to $4/gallon and only promising to go higher so we were looking for a solution there as well. We need the truck for various reasons, so we sold the car, and used the money to buy the bike and gear. Now my husband can drive the bike to work for the next 5 months, which at 50+ MPG is triple the gas mileage of the truck. I will have the truck for appointments if needed, but I live close enough to work to walk it, which is what I have been doing and will continue doing. Even with full coverage on the bike we are saving $50 a month on insurance, and in the winter we'll put storage coverage on it and probably be closer to $100 lower! What about winter? Well, The man and I can carpool until student teaching is done. After that, the need for a second car is going to depend on when/where I can find work. We need to cut expenses and this satisfies that and scratches the man's 10 year motorcycle itch so I am excited about the win/win.


And yes, I am ok with him having a donor-cycle. He managed thousands of miles in a truck safely, and has a healthy respect for the dangers involved, plus we didn't cheap out on gear ;) That is what I am going to believe anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment