Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekends pass so quickly

Especially when you spend a chunk of Saturday driving around trying to figure out where you are supposed to be.

I had to drive to Ypsilanti for my content exam. I was there once for the basic skills test but that was quite a while ago. I am fairly familiar with Ann Arbor but Yspi was not much fun. I am so glad that I left early because it took nearly 40 minutes to find where I needed to be. Google maps was useless. Thank goodness for the GPS on my phone.

I wish I could say I did well on the test, but I have no idea. It wasn't anything like my Bio II test which covered a lot of microbiology and cellular biology. This test had several questions which had more than one right answer, and I was supposed to pick the best one. We will see what happens. I won't know how I did until I get the results next month.

I should be putting together lesson plans for my class today. I was ahead for a while, but slacked off with the last two weeks being so busy. I have yet to work a full week. A day off per week for court, a day off this coming week for good Friday and my first week was only two full days. I don't know what I will do when I work a full five days. I think I will hope for good weather! I have learned quickly that outside recess is a sanity saver. We have 40 minutes outside before lunch and they need every little bit of it, or they start bouncing off the walls. I forgot how much movement 4 and 5 year olds require.

The flowers are starting to pop up and the trees are budding. I need to get my camera out. The girls keep taking off with my camera. They each have their own now, but since mine is "better", they have it more than I do anymore.

The down side to the warmer weather is kid A needs new pants. The jeans I bought her in the fall are all lined with fleece because it was the only way to get her into jeans. I was hoping it would desensitize her a bit so she could move on to real jeans but that isn't happening. Instead, now that the weather is warmer, she cycles through the three pair of yoga pants she has which means more laundry for me. She needs shorts too. At least kid B is set for shorts. Her legs got longer, but the rest of her remained steady so she can wear the shorts I got her last year. I don't even have to buy her shoes because big foot wears the same size I do now, so she has taken my flip flops like they were always hers. Little punk. Now I need new sandals. I can wait a while though. Kids are so damn expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment